Netgear Router Troubleshooting
Despite the fact that Netgear WiFi router uses high technology to provide fast internet connection, yet users face various technical issues with it such as routerlogin.net not working, the router is not connecting to the internet and much more. But with some simple Netgear router troubleshooting tips, you can easily fix these issues. Here, we will discuss every possible solution to most of the annoying router problems. Let’s get started.
Routerlogin.net not Working
It is very annoying when you access the default login page of your Netgear router and it is constantly showing errors saying routerlogin.net not working. Due to this, you can’t even access your router’s basic and advanced settings. Without a doubt, you cannot ignore this issue at all. Technically, you can determine the major mistakes which prevent you from accessing the Netgear router’s web user interface. Here are such mistakes and their relevant solutions:
Typos in Netgear Login Web Address:
There are numerous users who accidentally mistype the login URL. As a result, they reach another website instead of the default login web page. So, input the URL with great care in the address bar of an internet browser.
Internet Connection Must be Fast:
Chances are high that you are connecting to a slow or sluggish internet and hence you’re facing issues while accessing the Netgear wireless router login page. Therefore, make sure to check your internet speed prior to accessing the login portal.
Issues With a Web Browser:
Perhaps it is the web browser you are using due to which you get routerlogin net not working issue. No matter whether you are using Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Google Chrome, delete the cache and cookies of your browser first. Moreover, it may happen that the login web portal of Netgear WiFi router is not compatible with your web browser.
Router Firmware Should be Updated:
As outdated firmware always fails to open the routerlogin net portal, so make sure that your router is using the latest firmware version.
These are some common situations when users get routerlogin net not working error. As soon as you are away from such mistakes, you can access the login page of your Netgear router without any issue. If you are still facing the routerlogin net access errors, go with these advanced Netgear router troubleshooting steps:
- Try using routerlogin.net web address for accessing the login portal.
- Use the router’s default IP address as the login URL.
- Switch to a wired Ethernet connection if using the wireless one.
- Power-cycle your modem, router as well as other connected devices.
- Temporarily turn off the firewalls, pop-up blockers along with ad blockers.
- In case you are connected to multiple networks (VPN, wireless, wired or corporate connection) simultaneously, disconnect from all them and connect only to your router.
Netgear Router Not Working
In order to fix Netgear wireless router not working problem, follow the below-given instructions carefully:
- Restart your Netgear router and then the modem. For this, plug out the modem and router from an electrical outlet and wait for some time. After that, plug them both in.
- Once done, restart your PC and other connected devices as well.
- Check the LED behavior on your modem. If there is a visible LED light, it shows that your modem is working fine. If not, get guidance assistance from our qualified technicians.
- Also, don’t forget to check the LED light on your router.
- The next step is to test the internet. For this, take an Ethernet cable and connect your computer and modem with each other.
- Power off your WiFi router. After making the cable connections properly, restart your modem as well as computer.
- Try accessing the internet on your PC. If it’s working fine, it means all three devices namely modem, router and Ethernet cable are in good working condition.
- If this testing fails, get in touch with the customer support for Netgear router via phone call, email or live chat.
Netgear R7000 Firmware Broke My WiFi. What to Do?
Most of the users come across this issue. In their language, ‘my R7000 router just got a new firmware update. When I updated to the latest version, my WiFi speed gets fluctuating and very slow.’ Many users back up the router’s current settings and load them to new firmware. But that doesn’t work at all. The issue remains the same – the WiFi speed doesn’t get fast.
To resolve this issue, the first thing you need to do is disable Automatic Update function of your router. Also, always keep in mind to do a hard reset after every firmware upgrade and enter all the settings manually.
Despite the fact that it is tedious to reset the router and manually enter the new settings, this is the only way to keep the performance of your router up to date. Here’s how to hard reset your Netgear wireless router:
- Turn on your router properly.
- Press the reset button on it.
- You can also use a paper clip or tiny thing to press it.
- Once done, let your router restart.
Other Common Issues with Netgear Router
- Issues with the initial router setup and configuration
- Routerlogin.net not working even after the proper setup
- Can’t change the router admin username and password
- Corrupted firmware installation on the router
- Lost internet connection
- The default login credentials are not working
- Driver installation and connection problems
- Repeated fluctuations in WiFi router connection
- Can’t access the internet with Netgear router
- The router not connecting to internet