Netgear Router Login – In order to make any changes to your router settings, you have to access the admin panel. The admin panel URL is different for every single brand. If you’ve arrived here, then it means you’re probably having trouble finding the page or having issues with the process.
As mentioned earlier, every router has a default URL that you can use for admin access. For Netgear Routers the URL is www.routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com. These are the official URLs that you will be able to access without any problem if you’re connected to a Netgear Router. You might face problems sometimes if you’re connected to the network via a VPN etc. In the case of a VPN, you can access the router panel using the gateway IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
routerlogin.net – Netgear Router Login
Click the links below to head to the router admin page:
Note: These are official URLs mentioned in the Netgear router manual. Always verify URLs before entering any sensitive information online.
The Netgear officials also recommend that you rather use the Nighthawk application built by them for easier access. The app can be downloaded from their official website nighthawkapp.com.
What are the default login details?
If you look at your router, there will be a label mentioning the serial number and details such as default login and password. For a Netgear router, the default username is “admin” and the default password is “password”.
If for some reason, this doesn’t work for you, you or someone probably changed the password at some point. You can use a pin to reset the settings of your router. This is the last resort, only do this, when you know how to configure the router once the settings are reverted to default.
Note: Contact your service provider if you are having trouble making any changes. That’s the best option.
How To Setup using the Nighhawk App?
Well, Netgear knew that not everyone is technically sound and can do things by accessing sites and IPs. So they made a simple app that makes it very easy to configure your router. This app is called Nighthawk. To download and use nighthawk follow the steps given below:
- Connect your device to the Wifi network
- Search on Play Store for “Nighthawk“
- Wait for the download to complete, once that’s done. Launch the application
- Enter your details and login
- A simple to understand interface will come up, just follow on-screen instructions.
Some Known Issues faced by users
Here are some well-known issues faced by users, we have mentioned a small summary that might help you in fixing them.
- routerlogin.net refused to connect – This happens when you are connected to the router via a VPN.
- Netgear Router Error 651 – Restart the router. You can also update your device firmware to fix this issue.
- Router working but no internet connection – Please contact your ISP for this.
- Forgot password or default password not working – To solve this issue, you might have to reset your router.
- routerlogin.com not working – This happens when you are connected to the router via a VPN.
- Default settings? – If you messed something up, you can always revert to default settings using the pinhole.