Netgear Router Setup: Easy Connect
Netgear router setup is very easy but even a single wrong step can ruin the whole process. However, you don’t have to worry as we are here to guide you with each and every step to make the router installation a piece of cake for you.
Netgear routers are very well known for their excellent performance and reliability. These devices are pretty easy to install and configure. Most of the Netgear wireless routers make use of the latest QoS (Quality of Service) as well as MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multi Input Multi Output) technology. This ensures that each device which is connected to the router is achieving optimum potential speeds, thus letting you enjoy fast internet without any interruptions. Other advanced features of Netgear routers include port forwarding, guest network, device prioritization, parental controls, network speed test and much more. However, to gain access to such advanced features, complete the Netgear wireless router setup process first. And to complete the setup successfully, you have to log in to your router’s web user interface.
Steps for Netgear Wireless Router Setup
The below-mentioned steps will guide you on how to install and set up your Netgear wireless router:
- First and foremost, connect the router and modem accurately.
- Cross-check the cable connections you made.
- Power on the modem and let its LED become visible.
- Next, turn on the router.
- Switch on a computer and open the WiFi connection manager.
- Search for the network you want to connect to.
- Once found, select it and enter the password.
- Launch a web browser.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Press enter key. If you are unable to access the default login web page, check out our troubleshooting tips by clicking here.
- Let the smart wizard load properly.
- Follow the instructions given on the smart wizard.
Kudos! The Netgear router installation has completed. Connect all your smart devices to the router network and access the internet in every corner of your home or office with no issues.
Quick Tip: If you don’t have a desktop to install the router for the initial setup, you can always make use of your laptop, tablet or any other smart device.
Still facing issues with Netgear router setup? Don’t panic. Just pick up your phone, dial 1-888-957-6174 and discuss all your queries with our 24×7 available technicians.
Configure Your Netgear Router Accurately
So you are done with the Netgear router installation! Now, ensure to configure your wireless home or office router accurately so that you face no issues with it. Let’s have a quick look at the steps to configure your router with the help of smart wizard:
- Use an Ethernet cable and connect the router to modem.
- Make a connection between your computer and router.
- Next, access the login page using the default web address.
- Now the smart wizard opens.
- Click on yes option once a pop-up arises.
- Click on next button.
- Wait until the router saves the settings properly.
In this way, you can configure your Netgear router for cable internet connection instantly and in a hassle-free manner. For any kind of doubt, don’t hesitate to get immediate Netgear router support.
Change Default Gateway to Avoid Router IP Conflict
Various users come across the IP conflict issue where their router’s default gateway is same as that of ISP. So, the only solution to this issue is to change default gateway or the default IP address.
In the IP address, the word IP stands for Internet Protocol. An IP address is a numerical label allocated to every device connected to a network which utilizes the Internet Protocol for communication between data packets. It provides two main functions: location addressing and network interface identification. Usually, the default IP address is located on the sticker placed at the back or bottom side of router. You can even go through the Netgear router manual which comes with the purchase.
If you are also facing the IP conflict issue, here’s how to change the default gateway of your Netgear WiFi router:
- Open a web browser on any WiFi-compatible device.
- Head over to the default login web page of your router.
- You will be presented with a login window.
- Type the username and password and hit login.
- A dashboard will display on the screen.
- Choose the advanced > LAN Setup option.
- In the IP address field, change one or both of the last two numbers.
- At last, click on the Apply button.
Once these changes take effect, you will be disconnected from the login page. In order to reconnect, exit the web browser, re-open it and log in to your Netgear wireless router. On the off chance that you are unable to access the web user interface of router even after using the correct IP address, get Netgear router support via a phone call, email or chat. They will provide you with on-the-spot solutions.