Netgear R6120 AC1200 WiFi Router Setup
802.11ac Dual Band
Netgear R6120 – AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router delivers AC WiFi speed and coverage for your entire home. With this router, you can enjoy smooth HD streaming and online gaming in every corner of your home – that too through a reliable and secure internet connection. Not only the next generation WiFi devices, but Netgear AC1200 router is also backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices.
The dual-band router comes with various advanced features such as ReadyShare USB access through which you can wirelessly access and share USB storage. It works flawlessly with all N300, N150, N600 and AC devices. You can use the Netgear Nighthawk app to remotely manage your wireless router and keep an eye on it using the latest security features.
Netgear R6120 Manual
In the package of AC1200-WiFi Router, you will get Netgear R6120 Setup manual. This manual contains the complete installation, Netgear R6120 steps, and guidelines for how to use various features of your router. It is crucial to walk through this manual prior to executing the setup.
However, these installation and setup instructions might seem difficult to novice users. The best way to get your router setup and running in few minutes is to get expert’s assistance. For which you can call at toll-free 1-888-957-6174. They will guide you with each and every step in detail so that you can setup your router without making much effort.
Common Issues During Netgear AC1200-WiFi Router Setup | R6120
- Routerlogin.net not working
- Cannot access routerlogin.net
- Can’t connect 192.168.1.1 page
- Unable to open Netgear router login page
- No connection at 192.168.1.1
- Cannot Find or Connect to Routerlogin.net
- Can’t access the Netgear router login page using routerlogin.com
- WiFi error like Netgear router not connecting to Internet
- Can’t access routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 address
- Netgear Default username and password not working
- Netgear 404
- Can’t login Netgear Router Account
- Netgear Router Orange Light
- Netgear Router Error 651
- Routerlogin.net IP admin password issues.
- Netgearrouterlogin.net IP issues.
- Routerlogin net browser installation issues.
- VPN issues during the Netgear Router Setup
- Netgear Router Slow WiFi
- Lost credentials issues with www.routerlogin.net admin
- Recovering password issues for www.routerlogin.net access.
- Errors with default login credentials for Netgear Router login.
- Firmware and Software issues.
Netgear AC1200-WiFi Router Wireless Router Setup Steps
For user’s convenience we have sub-divided the complete setup in two modules – Setup Step A and Setup Step B respectively.
Prior to the Netgear R6120 Setup, you need to physically connect your router using these means:
- Remove any cables connecting to the computer. Plug in the modem power adapter and check the power light to ensure the modem is on.
- Connect the router. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable to the modem and the other end into the internet port on the router. The internet port is slightly set apart from the rest of the ports.
- Connect the router to the computer. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the computer Ethernet port and the other end into any one of the ports on the router.
- Plug in the router power adapter and check the power light to ensure that the router is on.
- Connect a computer to the NETGEAR router and launch a web browser.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.com. If http://www.routerlogin.com does not work, try the following: http://192.168.1.1
- You are prompted to enter a username and password. Enter the default login credentials.
- Note: username and password are both case sensitive
- Click or tap Log In.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
Note: If the default login credentials do not work, you might have changed the admin password. If you cannot remember your new password, you must perform a factory reset to restore the router to its factory default settings.
For password recovery and troubleshooting, see the following topics:
- Can I recover admin password using the password recovery feature?
- How to fix errors for routerlogin.net and routerlogin.com access errors?
- What should I do to perform factory reset for my router?
Once you are in the setup portal, execute on-screen instructions (vary as per model) to setup your router in few minutes.
Note: For live help over phone, call Netgear experts at 1-888-957-6174.
Troubleshooting Tips for Netgear R6120 setup Issues
- First of all check all the cable connections – power cable and the Ethernet cable.
- The cables should not be loosed
- Keep a visible distance between the router and modem. This will ensure that WiFi signals are not clashing.
- In case you have many devices currently connected with your network, turn off the devices that are not in used.
- Ensure that router is getting the adequate power supply.
- If routerlogin,net not working, check the web browser first.
- The web browser should not be outdated.
- Clear the cache and cookies, also disable any proxy servers if using.
- Reboot the whole network and power cycle router as well as modem.
- In case you’re connected through wireless, establish a hard wired connection.
- If Netgear Default username and password not working, double check the credentials from the manual.
- For lost credentials issues with www.routerlogin.net admin, hard reset your router.
- To resolve VPN issues during the Netgear Router Setup, disable the proxy servers and the firewall.
- For Netgear 404 error, check the DNS servers and hard refresh the web page.
- Netgear Router Orange Light errors can be eliminated by identifying and troubleshooting the various connectivity issues with the router.
- To deal with Netgear Router error 651, reinstall the network adapter driver manager under control panel and update the firmware of your router.
How to update the firmware of your Netgear R6120
Updating the Firmware helps to resolve various issues with your router and also provide new functionalities. Here’s how you can update Netgear R6120 firmware:
- Navigate to Netgear download center to download the latest firmware of AC1200-WiFi Router.
- On the download center, type AC1200-WiFi Router firmware in the search bar and hit enter.
- Download the latest available firmware file.
- Connect the computer to the router using the Ethernet cable.
- Use a web browser to open routerlogin.net.
- Enter your login credentials and tap on enter.
- Click on Advanced under the Administrator.
- Tap on “Firmware update” option.
- Choose upload, and select the downloaded file.
- Do not interrupt the update process.
Note: You can also use the Netgear Genie Application for the Netgear R6120 firmware update. Check out the dedicated page – Netgear Router Firmware Update options.