Installation and Setup Instructions
Using Nighthawk App
The NETGEAR Nighthawk App (formerly Up app) makes it easy to set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. With the app, you can install your router in few steps – just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test and much more.
The below mentioned steps will be your guide for Netgear Nighthawk Setup – AX12 using the Nighthawk application:
- Connect the provided antennas to the router.
- Also connect the modem to the internet port of your router.
- Turn on the router and let the WiFi LED lit.
- Now take your mobile device (Android or iOS), open the Play store/App store.
- Search and download the Netgear Nighthawk application.
- After the download, open the Nighthawk application.
- Execute the on-screen instructions to setup your router.
Manual Method of Installation
For user’s convenience we have sub-divided the complete setup in two modules – Setup Step A and Setup Step B respectively.
Setup Step A- Netgear Router Configuration
Prior to the Netgear Nighthawk X12 setup, you need to physically connect your router using these means:
- Remove any cables connecting to the computer. Plug in the modem power adapter and check the power light to ensure the modem is on.
- Connect the router. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable to the modem and the other end into the internet port on the router. The internet port is slightly set apart from the rest of the ports.
- Connect the router to the computer. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the computer Ethernet port and the other end into any one of the ports on the router.
- Plug in the router power adapter and check the power light to ensure that the router is on.
- Connect a computer to the NETGEAR router and launch a web browser.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.com. If http://www.routerlogin.com does not work, try the following: http://192.168.1.1
- You are prompted to enter a username and password. Enter the default login credentials.
- Note: username and password are both case sensitive
- Click or tap Log In.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
Note: If the default login credentials do not work, you might have changed the admin password. If you cannot remember your new password, you must perform a factory reset to restore the router to its factory default settings.
For password recovery and troubleshooting, see the following topics:
- Can I recover admin password using the password recovery feature?
- How to fix errors for routerlogin.net and routerlogin.com access errors?
- What should I do to perform factory reset for my router?
Once you are in the setup portal, execute on-screen instructions (vary as per model) to setup your router in few minutes.
To get immediate troubleshooting help for any of the issue provided above, use Netgear Router Support number – 1-888-957-6174.
- First of all check all the cable connections – power cable and the Ethernet cable.
- The cables should not be loosed
- Keep a visible distance between the router and modem. This will ensure that WiFi signals are not clashing.
- In case you have many devices currently connected with your network, turn off the devices that are not in used.
- Ensure that router is getting the adequate power supply.
- If routerlogin.net not working, check the web browser first.
- The web browser should not be outdated.
- Clear the cache and cookies, also disable any proxy servers if using.
- Reboot the whole network and power cycle router as well as modem.
- In case you’re connected through wireless, establish a hard wired connection.
- If Netgear Default username and password not working, double check the credentials from the manual.
- For lost credentials issues with www.routerlogin.net admin, hard reset your router.
- To resolve VPN issues during the Netgear Router Setup, disable the proxy servers and the firewall.
- For Netgear 404 error, check the DNS servers and hard refresh the web page.
- Netgear Router Orange Light errors can be eliminated by identifying and troubleshooting the various connectivity issues with the router.
- To deal with Netgear Router error 651, reinstall the network adapter driver manager under control panel and update the firmware of your router.
Get ultra-fast wireless speeds for better 4K/8K UHD streaming, gaming or video conferencing experience.
Improved network capacity with smarter scheduling increases overall network efficiency and reduces latency.
Faster and expanded coverage throughout your home and for all your devices.
There’s nothing more frustrating than lost connections! With NETGEAR’s advanced features & best-in-class technology, experience less interference & more reliable WiFi connectivity.
With NETGEAR, sharing across your network is fun and easy, anything from accessing stored photos & music to wireless printing.
Ease of Use
NETGEAR wants to make sure installation of your new device and WiFi management is simple & easy, so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way!
Maintain high security across your network to help ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it’s preventing phishing or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.