Netgear Nighthawk AC2300
Your wireless router is the first line of defense for your home network, and adding an extra security layer at the gate protects your family from identity theft, malware, hacker attacks, and stolen passwords. Using the Nighthawk App, you can also get real-time notifications whenever any suspicious threat is detected.
How do I physically connect my Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 router?
- Remove any cables connecting to the computer. Plug in the modem power adapter and check the power light to ensure the modem is on.
- After that, connect the router. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable to the modem and the other end into the internet port on the router. The internet port is slightly set apart from the rest of the ports.
- Connect the router to the computer. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the computer Ethernet port and the other end into any one of the ports on the router.
- Plug in the router power adapter and check the power light to ensure that the router is on.
How do I log into my router?
- Connect a computer to the NETGEAR router and launch a web browser.
- Visit www.routerlogin.net. If routerlogin.net not working, try the following: 192.168.1.1
- Now, you are prompted to enter a username and password. Enter the default login credentials.
- Once done, click or tap Log In.
Note: username and password are both case sensitive
The BASIC Home screen displays.
Note: If the default login credentials do not work, you might have changed the admin password. If you cannot remember your new password, you must perform a factory reset to restore the router to its factory default settings.
For password recovery and troubleshooting, see the following topics:
- What is the procedure to recover admin password using the password recovery feature?
- How to fix errors for routerlogin.net and routerlogin.com access errors?
- How should I perform factory reset for my router?
Cybersecurity for Your Home
Secure your home network and other connected devices, smart home, IoT and personal mobile devices from ever-evolving cyber threats. Powered by Bitdefender, Netgear Armor keeps all your smart home devices safe and sound from cyber threats or attacks such as viruses, ransomware, spyware, Trojans, and more.