Netgear router setup will allow you to use your main router with your existing home network and can help resolve all the brain-teasers problems associated with your internet.
Most Internet Service Providers (ISPs) don’t require you to configure and install your Netgear WiFi router until and unless you’re using it with the DSL Internet connection or an Ethernet cable.
DSL stands for Digital subscriber line. It is a family of modern technologies which is used to transmit/ send the digital data over telephone lines.
Handy Methods for Netgear Router Installation
For Newer Netgear Models: – Cable Internet with Genie Interface
- Power off your existing modem and the main Netgear router.
- Use a USB cable to connect your modem to the internet port on your router.
- Grab one more Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the LAN port of your Netgear device.
- Power on your existing device (modem) and wait for all the LED lights to become stable.
- After a few minutes, power on your main device (router) and wait for the LED lights on it to become stable.
- Now, to access the Netgear admin login page, launch a web browser and into the address bar type Netgear router default IP
- Next, log in to your Netgear router interface using default login credentials. Netgear Genie setup page will be displayed on-screen.
- After that, click on the Advanced> Setup Wizard (in the left sidebar).
When you are asked for “if you want Netgear to detect your Internet connection”, select yes and after that, you have to hit on the icon Next.
The setup wizard will take a couple minutes to detect your Internet connection and will display the “Congratulations” page when the Netgear router setup process is completed successfully.
For Older Netgear Models: – Cable Internet with Smart Wizard Interface
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your existing modem and the main Netgear router with each other.
- Use an additional cable to connect your computer/ laptop with the Netgear wireless router.
- Turn off your modem, computer, and Netgear router then after a few minutes power on all the three devices.
- After that, launch an internet browser and into the address or URL bar, type routerlogin.net.
- To login Netgear router type the default credentials (username and password) into the fields of the displayed page.
- Click on Setup Wizard.
- Select yes only when the page asks you “if you want Netgear to detect your Internet connection”.
- Click on Next as Netgear will take a short while to detect your Internet connection.
- When your internet connection is detected, simply click on next.
For New Netgear Models: – DSL Internet with Genie Interface
- Connect the Netgear router to your telephone jack via DSL microfilter.
- After that, connect your telephone to the DSL microfilter with a small telephone wire.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your laptop or computer with the Netgear router.
- Plug them into an electric wall socket.
- For Netgear router login, launch an internet browser and into the address bar type 192.168.0.1.
- Select “Yes”
- Click “Next.”
In case you experienced any issue using the aforementioned three (3) methods then simply call the team of finest technicians in the world.
For Old Netgear Models: – DSL Internet with Smart Wizard Interface
- Connect the smart Netgear wireless router to your telephone jack using DSL (Digital subscriber line) microfilter. It is a small box that connects your router and telephone to the telephone jack physically and properly.
- Now, using a small telephone wire connect your telephone with the DSL microfilter.
- Use an Ethernet cable and connect your computer to LAN port of your Netgear wireless router.
- After a couple of minutes, plug in your Netgear router into a power source.
- For Netgear WiFi router login, pull up a web browser and into the address bar type, routerlogin.net or the default IP address of your WiFi router.
- Hit Enter and after that, provide the default login credentials to the required fields of the displayed page of Netgear Genie.
- Click on “Setup Wizard”
- Select “Yes”
- Click “Next.”
Routerlogin.net not working or facing issues in going through the fourth (4) method then visit routerip.net.
Troubleshooting Netgear Router Configuration and Installation
- Update your router and the modem with the latest and updated version of technology.
- Reset your Netgear wireless router. For this, you have to grab a paper clip and insert it into the reset hole of your Netgear router. Keep holding it for a couple of seconds and when you see that the power (LED) lights on it have started flashing, release the button.
- Opt for other Ethernet cables and web browser.
- Place your devices away from kitchen appliances, gym material, baby monitors, electronic toys, doors, mirrors, windows, public WiFi, garage opener, etc.
- Call our technical department as we are the most trustful solution provider of Netgear in the world.
Thank you for reading our post. We appreciate your patience.